Some features and services of the RBL web site may require us to request personal information such as your e-mail address or name. For example, to join a mailing list you have to provide an e-mail address for us to send the e-mail to.
RBL protects the privacy of our clients to the maximum extent possible under law:
- Unless you explicitly authorize it, personal information is not sold or otherwise disclosed to third parties.
- We take measures to safeguard personal information from unauthorized access.
- We keep personal information only for as long as required for the purpose it was provided, or as required by law.
Web visitor information collected
We analyze web traffic and usage of our web site as reported by the web server software. This information is used to improve the content and quality of our web site.
Web traffic information includes IP address, pages visited, time of day, referring web site and search words used to find our web site.
This information is the same as collected by all web sites. It does not identify you personally and is used only by our web engineers to determine broad trends such as popularity of documents, time of day usage patterns, and monthly trends. For example
- The name, domain, and numerical internet address of the “host” computer (typically a computer belonging to your Internet Service Provider and not your personal computer) from which you access the Internet. For example, your host computer’s name is a209-202-96-194.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com and its numerical address is 22.214.171.124;
- The date and time you accessed our site;
- The Internet address of the web page that you came from (for this visit that address is (none));
- The page you requested from our site and the number of characters sent to your computer;
- The information your web browser software sends as its so-called “User Agent,” which typically identifies the browser software and may also indicate the operating system and type of CPU used in your personal computer. Your User Agent information is Mozilla/4.0(compatible; Editors web 12.6; Windows 98).
RBL does not sell or otherwise disclose our client’s personal information to third parties. E-mail addresses, names, addresses and other information is held in confidence and used only for the purpose you provided it for. Disclosure could only occur in the rare case when we are legally forced to do so (such as by court order or search warrant involving a criminal offence).